Fusing that is otherwise known as the process of garment joining is used to attach the interlining. In the present scenario, apparel manufacturing can’t even be imagined without this process. This specific processes adds the feature of strength, stability and makes the component more resistant to any sort of external force. Garment construction basics also say that it has significant importance in the stitching as well as manufacturing process that is quite justified.
A brief profile on fusing
Process involving this is a base fabric having a deposition of thermoplastic adhesive resin which can be bonded to another fabric by the application of heat and pressure. There are three types of these processes namely,
- Sandwich Fusing
- Double fusing; and
- Reverse fusing
Now, what are the benefits of Fusing?
Well there are a lot of benefits that this blending offers. The interlinings serve as a savior for the fabric. The fusible interlinings help to improve the appearance of the finished garments through:
- Maintain the fresh and crisp look of the base fabric.
- Strengthening a particular design on the fabric.
- Helps in stabilizing and controlling vital regions of the garment.
Have a look at the factors which affects garment fusing
Regardless of what are the fusible and machines used, this is controlled by some processing components that have to be accurately combined in order to achieve the optimum results. These are mentioned below:
- Temperature: Fewer people know the fact that there is a limited range of temperature that is effective for each type of resin. Too high temperature can cause the resin to become vicious while in the too low temperature the resin won’t work.
- Time: The time cycle for a particular fusible is determined by the nature of the top cloth being used, the melting point of the resin and the weight of the substrate.
- Pressure: When the resin is reactive pressure is applied to the top of the cloth and the fusible assembly to ensure that heat transfer is proceeding at the optimum level and full contact is made between the top cloth and the fusible.
- Cooling: Cooling is used to handle the fused assemblies immediately after fusing.
Similar Read : Garment Recycling Basics You Need to Know in 2021
Fusing plays a vital role in Creating garment patterns and you need to be very precise with the type and time for the resin as well as the substrate.