Delhi Lockdown: DOmicron scare is hitting the country state by state as expected. The Delhi government has announced new rules to limit the Omicron cases in the state. To start with, the private offices in Delhi will be operating at 50 per cent, malls and shops will open on an odd-even basis and the weddings are allowed to happen with only up to 20 people as the new restrictions are being placed under a ‘Yellow Alert’.
These rules are going to get implemented by today. The restrictions are announced at around 3 PM today halfway through the workday and the govt said the new rules will come into action under immediate effect.
Here is a brief about the new rules:
- A night curfew between 10 pm and 5 am daily.
- Private offices, hospitals, media, banks, insurance companies and telecom services to operate with 50% staff occupancy.
- Weddings are allowed with 20 people at home or at a court. The same count has applied for funerals also.
- Malls, shops will open on an odd-even basis between 10 am and 8 pm.
- Standalone shops do not need to follow the odd-even rules.
- Delhi Metro to function with half of its capacity.
- Spas and wellness clinics will be closed.
- Religious and political-related gatherings won’t be allowed. Religious places are allowed to stay open without any visitors.
- Public parks are open but gatherings or picnics won’t be allowed.
New restrictions follow Delhi’s biggest spike in Omicron infections in six months yesterday, with the number increasing to 331. Just within two weeks, the share of Omicron cases has gone up to 2 to 3 per cent. The positivity rate was above 0.5 per cent for two days, according to GRAP is the new trigger for the “Yellow Alert”